SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
one_eyed_willy

Advice needed for sloping paver patio properly

One-Eyed-Willy
12 years ago

Hello, I am new to this forum (or any forum to be honest) and i need advice on how to provide adequete slope for my paver patio.

I have purchased multiple books from black and decker and others, on the subject and am always confused when i get to the part about pitching the patio away from the home (i've also watched every youtube video from here to timbuck two).

I have a brand new home (new construction) that came with a 10 X 10 concrete slab patio in the back. Instead of demolishing that slab i have decided to add to it to the tune of 200 sq ft (50 ft up and 150 ft to the side).

My question is(and i am having a really tough time articulating my exact question and confusion) when i add my concrete slab pavers to the side and to the front of the existing patio, how do i determinbe how much paver base should be near the house or front of my patio as opposed to the opposite end where the water needs to run? All of the books say 4 inches of base plus one inch of sand before the pavers are placed down but if that is the case, the slope would be consistent all the way across the patio regardless of doing the 1 inch for every 10 feet thing. Do i just need to excavate more at one end?

I would like my concrete pavers to be pretty much even with the existing concrete slab. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I would be glad to provide pictures if that is allowed on here.

Comments (4)