The Orange Cat Thread :o)
13 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (74)
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
Related Discussions
It's not a cottage garden without_____ (revival of an old thread)
Comments (4)This was the thread that helped me put a name to the style of garden that I love best. I have been working towards the cottage style for many years and never get tired of the evolution of it. Loved reading them all again today. Cheryl...See MorePicture Thread to go with the Swap Thread!
Comments (78)I have 2 more thingscompliments of the squirrels! Guess theyre good for somethingmaybe! I was gonna pull these out and just throw them away, but........... The first one I pulled out came with the acorn still attached to it, so I dug up the second one and theyre both now in pots! I have 2 oak trees! I assume theyre Gamble Oaks (Quercus gambelii), just because thats the most commonly found oak in this area, but I really dont have any way at all to be sure! If they are Gamble Oaks, they could wind up being anything from a single trunked smallish tree to a multi trunk bush kind of thing that looks more like scrub oak! There are two of them planted in one of the display gardens at Paulinos (they sell them), and one looks like a tree and the one right next to it is more "bushy!" Since I dont even know for sure what they are, theres no way to tell what theyre gonna look likebut they do have oak leaves!!! They will also spread somewhat, underground, I believe, and when they produce acorns, they will reseed fairly easily! So if somebody wants to take a chance on what they are and give them a try, Ill bring them along. I recommend them for somebody with a bigger yard, rather than just a tiny residential yard. Theyre still attached to the acorn and have very few roots. I would recommend growing them in the pots for a month or two so you can control the water better than if they were in the ground, and Id recommend you use a wet/dry cycle. Theyre completely saturated now, let them dry almost completely, then resaturate, let dry, resaturate........ Assuming they are Gamble Oaks they like it dry, and letting them dry almost all the way before watering again should help them form roots. Anybody interested? Skybird...See MoreSpin off of the "black cat" thread - allergies
Comments (8)I'm kinda in the middle of a 'self test' for peanut butter. Have over some time developed severe skin itching.... and Dr thinks it is/was dry skin. I've moisturized myself really well (Cetaphil Cream, by the bucket full), continued itching but not really terrible. Then to replace a missed dinner, I had Crackers and peanut butter and the itching in the middle of the night was beyond belief..... so.... no more peanut butter, for a few weeks now resulting is much less itching.... then had a whipped dessert while dining out and I think it had peanuts in it and the night was itchy again. Gosh, DH leaves that jar on the counter and I am soooo tempted, but it is such relief to not be franticly itching now. I will get brave and test it one day..... not soon tho. I have never had a food allergy.... few pollen ones and not severe. Who knows, and I don't need or want another MD examining this falling apart body....See MoreQ.O.T.D.: How do you store your sewing thread?
Comments (19)Well, let's see... My machine quilting threads are on a wall-mount thread rack. It's overfilled and I need to get another one. Those bobbins are stored in rubber rings, usually hanging on one of the pegs. My serger threads are scattered on a few small decorative shelves over one of my tables. There's not enough room, really, but it's all I have. I piece with these threads, so they're close. These bobbins reside in a tableside basket with my most used tools. My embroidery threads are stored in 12" thread boxes with clear lids. The 3 boxes sit on top of each other behind my embroidery machine. I have a plastic hinged-lid box with some misc. Coats & Clark that I did out of the closet for garment sewing. These bobbins are on a different colored rubber ring that stays with them. I also have a huge collection of older, larger industrial spools of cotton threads. I don't use these much anymore and have considered just tossing them. It seems a bit wasteful, even though I don't use them, so they stay in a shelf/drawer that hangs on the closet system. I think that's about what I have. And today I've realized that I need a few more! LOL...See More- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

LANDSCAPE DESIGNUnify Your Garden With a Common Thread
Bring the areas of your garden together to give it a unique sense of place
Full Story
PETSHouzz Call: Send in the Design Cats
Post your best photo of your cat at home, in the garden or with you in your studio. It could be published in a featured ideabook
Full Story
MOST POPULAR7 Ways Cats Help You Decorate
Furry felines add to our decor in so many ways. These just scratch the surface
Full Story
PETSHouzz Pets Survey: Who Rules the House — Dogs or Cats?
New data shows that pets make people happy, and pet owners love spending big to return the favor
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESPaint Color Ideas: 7 Bright Ways With Yellow and Orange
Go with the glow. These sample palettes and room examples show you how to work with two of the happiest hues around
Full Story
EXTERIOR COLORThe Joyful Exterior: Orange on the Outside
Check out 8 homes that flaunt this feisty hue
Full Story
MOST POPULARFalling for Color: 9 Ways With Pumpkin Orange
From racing stripes to accent walls, see how to work this vibrant hue into your home
Full Story
FUN HOUZZHouzz Pets: 50 Cats Cozy Up at Home
Design-Loving Felines Have the Run of the House
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Spacious Farmhouse in Virginia
A historically inspired farmhouse welcomes a host of foster horses, dogs and cats along with bountiful Virginia sunlight all day long
Full Story
PETSDealing With Pet Messes: An Animal Lover's Story
Cat and dog hair, tracked-in mud, scratched floors ... see how one pet guardian learned to cope and to focus on the love
Full Story





















dorothy_oahu