SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oakrunfarm

Furkids in da pool! What kinds of toys and fun?

oakrunfarm
16 years ago

OK. I KNOW I need to get a life, but I am soooo excited about our new pool and hoping our dogs and maybe even the cats (I am sure THAT is a stretch, ha ha) will want to join us in the water.

What kinds of toys do your dogs like to play with in the pool? Balls? Rope toys? Get on the floats? Splash and swim around? Retrieve things from the water?

This is our first pool, but we have always kept a kiddie pool around for our dogs. The Jack Russell runs and literally dives in and loves to cool off and splash around. The first Doberman we had loved it too, but the Dobe we have now will just get in and stand there like she doesn't know what to do. We will have a tanning ledge into steps, so it will be easy in and out.

Does anyone have a cat that actually gets in or likes to sit by the pool and watch all the goings-on?

I am afraid that if there is not a cross-fence that separates the pool area from the rest of the dog turnout, that it will be impossible to keep the dogs out of the pool. How do you all handle that issue?

Thanks! :)

Comments (32)