SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
californiaplaya

New California lead faucet laws starting 1/1/10 - AB1953

californiaplaya
14 years ago

Surprisingly, I can't find much information anywhere else so I thought I'd try here. Does anyone know what most of the manufacturers current status is on complying with the new California and Vermont laws that make almost all lead in faucets that supply drinking water illegal? In California, the law is AB1953, not sure what it is in Vermont.

I've got a bath I am planning to remodel within a couple of months, this would include a new lav faucet. I knew about the law and figured I'd just order something online from out of state or whatever. But I've already received information from a couple of resellers or distributors that they are already not selling faucets to California or Vermont. When I pressed them for information, they made it sound like most of the large manufacturers (Delta, Price Pfister, American Standard, etc.) are not yet in compliance for most of their lines. This almost makes it sound like there may be a 'shortage' of faucets for a while around here.

I'm not ready to buy yet. However, I'm almost tempted to go out and buy something now. At least that way I have what I need and wont have trouble buying a decent lav faucet in a couple of months. I want something nice, but not fancy or overpriced. I've got plenty to select from now, but I dont know what that will be like in a couple of days. Am I just over concerned about this, or is a shortage on a lot of faucets a possibility for a while?

Thanks!

Comment (1)