SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allerlei

Need Help Planning Kitchen

allerlei
10 years ago

Hi. This is my first post here. I am planning to build a very small home (650 sq. ft.) in the Los Angeles area later this year and I need help with my kitchen plans. I will try to upload two different plans IâÂÂve come up with using Ikea home planner. IâÂÂm not sure either plan makes the most of my space, which I really need to do given the kitchenâÂÂs size.
The kitchen needs to be L shaped. It will be built along 2 walls. The southern facing wall will get the sink and the eastern facing wall will get the stove. The southern facing wall will be 11â 6âÂÂ. It ends at the doorway into the house- IâÂÂve been thinking of placing the refrigerator at the end of the wall and letting it overlap into the doorway by 6â (just to get a few more inches). The eastern facing wall can be 10â to 12âÂÂ. It ends at a sliding door out onto on a deck.
I donâÂÂt think IâÂÂll put a real island in the open area; will probably put a table there that can multitask as counter space and eating area. I do want a window over the sink area- my current plans call for the kitchen window to be 5â wide but I can make that a little smaller if needed to get more wall cabinets in. IâÂÂm not sure if itâÂÂs more efficient use of space to get a full range and store pots and pans in cabinet next to it. (ThatâÂÂs my plan A ) Or, to put a burner in, store pots in drawers underneath and then put the oven and microwave in a tall cabinet to the left side of stove (ThatâÂÂs my plan B).
This will be a kitchen for one person. I do like to cook and entertain. Most likely, IâÂÂm going to use Ikea for the cabinets. Still thinking about appliances.
Thanks.

This post was edited by allerlei on Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 16:29

Comments (10)