SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aloha2009

Sink Sizing

aloha2009
13 years ago

I've been doing a lot of GW research on sinks but haven't come up with a clear cut winner.

Even before reading info on GW my DH and I liked the silgranit at HD but were concerned if it would stand up to the test of time. After reading all the rave reviews on GW, we feel very confident on that decision.

We came from a deep triple sink home (which we loved) to the standard builder grade double bowl sink. Both of us have grown up with double bowls our whole lives so the "comfort" of the familiar is there but that's about all I can say for the equal sized double bowls.

We're considering the 70/30 split, one single bowl (don't know what size would be best), or the smart divide sink.

It's only my DH and I on a daily basis. We will not have a prep sink. Daily dishes are usually put in DW right away. The large pots, pans and cookie sheets we tend to wash by hand. We'll be adding a laundry sink (which is adjacent to the kitchen) so that will elimate/minimize the garden potting and paint clean up projects that we've used the kitchen sink for.

My DH is OK with the odd sized double sinks and hasn't given his opinion on the smart divide sink. He's definately shying away from the single sink though. He admits, he thinks it may be mostly out of familiarity then practicality. I too feel scared to take the leap of faith that a single bowl might be best, though there are so many that love their single bowls. The 70/30 split seems like our triple bowl sink w/o the second bowl - which I can't imagine being good.

We tested some sink depths and prefer the shallower ones. I know I could stage half my kitchen into some of those deep sinks, but my daily confort in using the sink is more of a concern.

I know I will want the silgranit and the drain to be in the back to open up the undersink area for storage but what size.

What size sink do you HAVE that you like, and why?

Comments (18)