SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbhaska

Intelliflo VF incorrectly calculating timing and GPM. Please Help

mbhaska
14 years ago

Hi All,

I would appreciate if some one help explain whats going on with my Intelliflo VF pump.

I have a VF that was running for about 22 Hrs turning a 20K pool once a day. It was running at around 16 GPM and it ran fine for over a month. 16GPM x 22hrs ~ 20K gallons.. Perfect.

Then I introduced solar heating and programmed feature 3 on the pump to 30 GPM for 5 Hrs a day. The rest of the time the pump is scheduled to run at 16 GPM.

It starts at 6.00 AM and runs at 16 GPM till feature 3 kicks on at 11.00 AM. So thats 5 Hrs which equals 16x60x5 = 4800 gallons

From 11.00 am to 4.00 pm feature 3 runs at 30 GPM. So thats 30x60x5 = 9000 gallons.

At the end of feature 3 total gallons filtered = 4800 + 9000 = 13800

The pump then goes into power save/sleep mode which it is supposed to do when it thinks its finished the cycle sooner than necessary. But there is still about 6200 gallons to filter which means the pump should have ramped down to 16 GPM and run for at least 6 hrs.

Am I calculating something wrong ? Can some one explain to me whats going on ?

Pentair's "So called" Technical support had no clue and they rudely hung up the phone saying that no one can say what the computer calculates. This is exactly what they said. Pentair has the worst technical support team ever.

Please help..

Comments (3)