SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miss_missy_gw

Looking for cancer information, please

miss_missy
15 years ago

Hi, Guys. I usually post here under a different name, but decided to get a new profile today because I have friends who participate & read here, and I'm just not ready to talk about this with them yet. So, I'm going to be anonymous for a bit.

Yesterday I had a mammogram, and there's an abnormality. It's not one of my normal fluid-filled cysts, it's "something else." Something to be concerned about. I have an appointment with a surgeon, but that's a week away. She'll do a biopsy then.

So here are my questions ... in the first place, I'm thinking it's cancer. My mother had breast cancer, and so did her sister. If it's not a cyst, which they 100% ruled out, then what else could it be? I mean, it's a lump. Obviously something foreign, and if it's not a cyst then what else is there besides cancer?

So I'm still in a bit of an "unreality" feeling right now. And my questions are probably foolish ones, but I figure that's ok, until I meet with the surgeon and then have something solid to ask about.

So ... assuming that it is cancer ... how long is it from diagnosis to surgery? And how long is recovery from surgery? (as in, going back to work?) Right now, I'm hoping I can get a double mastectomy rather than continue to worry about the other breast down the road. And then, how long after surgery does chemo start?

Is there a website I can go to that you trust, and will answer a lot of these "fluff' questions? I checked here at Garden Web and didn't find a cancer forum.

My husband is the only one who knows, I'm wanting more information before I start talking about it, so thank you in advance for being patient with anonymous me.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES