SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Elements of my master bedroom facelift

Sueb20
13 years ago

I have posted a couple of times recently about various aspects of this room, so now I'm trying to put it all together in one! We're doing a few things in this room: (1) painting (probably Revere Pewter, which is already in the master bath, though I also keep looking at Nantucket Breeze), (2) new flat screen TV, (3) new lamps.

The tall dresser used to be in the corner where the white cabinet is, and I do realize that the dresser feels a bit large for its new space, but it has to go there. The cable is in the corner and the TV is going on the white cabinet. After we get rid of the wall lamps, we'll be able to move the bed down the wall a foot or so, so the dresser will feel a little less crowded.

Okay, first pic -- my big "find" at the consignment shop yesterday. It's an old Victrola cabinet that someone altered and painted. It is the perfect size for the TV and the top shelf is perfect for the cable box! I am going to paint it, and replace that screen on the bottom with... maybe fabric or some decorative paper? First question -- what color would you paint it? I'm thinking black.

Here's the bed and nightstands. All this furniture stays. I am looking for new lamps, though. Obviously I'm not a master at bedmaking.

What you see on the bed now is my "winter" bedding. Spring bedding will be this:

And these are a few of the lamps I'm considering:

Any thoughts on the lamps? The last one is more contemporary than I thought I wanted, but I still like it.

The view opposite the bed: Dog sleeps on the loveseat, which I'm getting a slipcover for in sage green. Looking for new floor lamp. This one is the main light source for the room (tied to switch at door -- we have no overhead lighting) and doesn't throw enough light. There are built-in bookshelves across from the lovseat in the sitting area. And yes, I know that pic on the wall near the lamp looks dinky.

The bench and lamp in the corner were just thrown there from elsewhere, and won't be staying.

Usually I trust my instincts and just go with them, but I have struggled with this room since the day we moved in so I figured I'd throw all this out for suggestions and/or just "new eyes" that may see something I'm missing!

Window treatments are another issue entirely. I may just leave the windows in the sitting room as is. Not sure about the other window. Oh... just realized you can't see the other window. Well, there's a wall that runs parallel to the right side of the bed that has a single window. At the moment, that window just has a fabric roller shade and an off-white sheer.

Comments (17)