SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ggarner_gw

Need advice on a variable speed pump for my pool

ggarner
14 years ago

Hi all! Just hoping for some advice here on which pump to choose to replace my existing one.

Pool details are as follows:

Pool size in 23,000 gal

1 year old Pentair DE filter

Pretty much just a standard old school inground pool, its 9' deep there is NO jacuzzi or water effects.

The pool was build ~40 years ago and has about 8 year old stucco on it now. There are 2 skimmer boxes and 2 returns in the deep end. The heater was removed as we never use it here in San Diego. Basically the setup now is the water comes into the pool room as a 3" PVC line which goes to the 2HPpump then to the DE filter (between the pump and the filter there is a takeoff that goes to the boost pump for the polaris poolsweep)after the DE filter it travels out as a 2" back to the return

I was hoping people with some experience could suggest some pump options for me.

After my intial research i was looking at the intelliflo series but am unsure which one would be right for my applications. I really am unsure between the 4x160 the VS or the VF?

Help!

As far as i understand I can run it at low GPH to get 1 or 2x turnover over 12 or 24 hours and then for 2-3 hrs have it go faster so that there is enough water for the booster pump to run the polaris(obviously the timings would have to cooincide).

Are most people these days doing 1x or 2x turnover?

Thanks!

Garrett

Comments (5)