SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vtjh

hooking up an icemaker/water dispensor for a fridge

Jeff
17 years ago

I'm awaiting the delivery of our new refrigerator and want to hook up the water feed for the icemaker. I don't want to go the saddle valve route, but I also don't feel like soldering a Tee in my pipes (I'm lazy). What I do want to do, is find something I can hook up in the cold water line to the sink, but can't find the sort of thing I'm looking for:

Our sink is connected to the water lines via braided metal hoses. The bottom of the hose is connected via a 3/4" fitting, and the other end of the hose has a small compression fitting that hooks up to the sink faucet. I want to find a Tee that fits between the water supply pipe and the braided hose. The bottom of the Tee would fit on the copper water feed (3/4" Female), the top of the Tee would be 3/4" male, to which I will connect the braided tube, and the side arm would be the part where I hook up the water line to the fridge, probably using a plastic tube and compression fitting.

Does anything like this exist? ideally it would also be able to swivel, so that when I screw it on to the pipe, the Tee branch will be pointing in the right direction.

Thanks very much.

Jeff

Comments (6)