SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newhomeowner2011a

Master Bathroom window covering -

newhomeowner2011a
12 years ago

We just completed our master bathroom addition in our 1921 home and now I'm having a heck of a time trying to pick out window covering (we've been using poster board in the meantime!).

From the homework I've done, it looks like our best options might be the top down/bottom up honeycomb, top down/bottom up roman shades or shutters. I just called Smith/Noble and they said the roman shades may not provide as much privacy for us given we are wanting it for our bathroom so that is probably not a great option but I'm throwing it out just in case y'all know of a company that sells roman shades with more privacy.

The bathroom is in the front of the house just like our bedroom which is why I've shown you the view from inside the bathroom looking towards our master bedroom where the old shutters in that room currently are located. Because of the way the light reflects off the windows during the day, you can't really tell what the coverings are inside (though you might at night...)

I was told that adding shutters in the bathroom (to match the bedroom) will cost as much as re-doing BOTH the bedroom and bathroom windows with the honeycomb or roman shades(top down/bottom up) option. SO... price is essentially a wash and it is all about what looks best now :-)

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Comments (20)