SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

Nicks in Light Rail???

Buehl
15 years ago

To those of you who have been using your kitchens for 6 months or more, are you finding nicks and scratches in your light rail?

I took some very close-up pics of my light rail for a recent thread but when I downloaded them to my computer and saw them in their living glory I noticed a myriad of nicks & scratches! I was so embarrassed that I didn't post them!

At first I thought they were from the actual installation of the light rail and/or installation of our vent hood, countertop, etc. But now I'm wondering if most of them are from everyday living...you know, you take something out of the cabinet (or put it in) and bump the light rail or when working on the counter you do something that bumps the rail... I suspect some are from installation, but it seems to me not all would be.

The other thing that at least makes me feel a little better is that you cannot see most of them unless you get right up close and examine them carefully....or you take those very closeup pics w/a 12 MP camera!

SO...How does YOUR light rail look?

I'm still too embarrassed to post the pics... :-(

My next question is how to fix those nicks w/o making it worse. I haven't found a "pencil" yet that matches my cabinet finish...the one from Omega was dried out... (our finish carpenter said that's very common...they sit on the shelves at the manufacturer too long...)

The few nicks our contractor tried to fix look awful...they look gray!

Comments (8)