SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlweaving_marji

Once again, with feeling: help with colors - Library

mlweaving_Marji
10 years ago

SCREAM....I just wrote this long post and Firefox crashed and I lost the whole thing. argh!

remember my library? Link to original thread
Well, it's built now and I need to submit colors to the painter by the end of the week.
My original vision had this room Relic Bronze, which was not a very popular choice here, but more importantly, dh hates it and this will primarily be his room. Compatible cream is out for the same reason, as is anything cream, tan, beige, or bronze.
We painted up boards in the Downing Slate and Foggy Day and they were far too dark and too grey.

The decision is now between Benjamin Moore Fort Pierce Green and BM Affinity Azores.

The dining room in above pic is painted Ft Pierce Green, the empty room is painted Azores. The closeup is of my rug.
We have swatches painted on the wall, but I didn't think that would tell as much as pics of actual rooms painted these colors.

This is the actual room - floors are hickory and will be stained md/dk. The room is south facing and gets a lot of natural light, even under the porch overhang. All trim will be white and the windows get white plantation shutters.

And this is what is going in the room. We already own the rug, the artwork, the lamp and the end table. The leather chairs (navy) will be ordered when we move in.

The next picture is the palette of what is going on in the rest of the house. I inserted Ft Pierce Green but that is still in question.
So what do you think? Fort Pierce Green or Azores?

Comments (27)