SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

i hate having only one dog

toomuchglass
13 years ago

I wrote a post about having to put Anna, my 17& a half year old dog to sleep. Incase you want to look :

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pets/msg1119083020645.html?10

I'm just devistated . In all honesty - I still can't throw away her food dish ... it would be too final for me. But that's not what I'm writing about .

For 30 years plus , I've always had 2 - 3 dogs . I'm so used to having them -- and for all those years - I've been the one to stay home with them - never left them for more than 6 hours alone. ( DH loved them , but would go away hunting & fishing ) & I'd be alone with the dogs. It was constant fun .... constant care .... and constant stimulation for all of us . Never a dull moment.

In the back of my mind -- I kept thinking how great it would be to be down to one dog.I could do what I Wanted --vacation & take her .... just everything you can't do with multiple dogs.

Now that Anna's gone ....... I SEE HOW WRONG I WAS ...I never did all the things I thought I would ...

Now it's just my 5 year old cocker mix Poppie & me. Both of us are just moping around . I think she knows something's different - she grew up with other dogs around.

Now I See .... I'm NOT going on vacation --- I'm NOT going to be gone for days -- having dogs isn't holding me down . I miss having more than one.

I "Need" a house with more ( rescued ) dogs.

I'm hitting the rescue shelters after the holidays ....

DH retires Nov 1st of 2011 ....... I have to laugh and imagine what our house will look like then !!

(We both LOVE DOGS ! )

Comments (13)