SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth_2010

New bathroom faucet and shower too low-flow (Danze)

beth_2010
14 years ago

First off, I know nothing about plumbing, so please keep that in mind! I recently had my shower body and sink hardware replaced. They look great, but unfortunately the water that comes out of them is...well, leisurely. It takes me twice as long to rinse conditioner out of my hair in the shower, and the sink faucet pressure is so low, it's difficult to rinse my toothbrush!

The previous showerhead I had was low-flow, but this new one is very weak compared to that one. On the other hand, the pressure in my old sink faucet was very high. I would expect to see some reduction there, just not as much as I'm seeing.

The plumber, when I asked him if there was anything he could do about this, said no, that's just the way they are made.

I don't want to have to replace the sink faucet. Isn't there something I can attach to it to make the spray at least *feel* more forceful? I am not wedded to the showerhead--I don't particularly like the way it looks anyway--so I am thinking maybe I can replace that. But will that help, or is the problem in the shower body itself?

Any advice would be appreciated. Remember, I know nothing about plumbing!

BTW, the showerhead and sink faucet are Danze (the Brandywood line).

Thanks.

Comments (2)