SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ms_firstpool

First time pool - feedback

ms_firstpool
15 years ago

Hello. I have been looking around this site for the past several weeks... great resource! I have decided to take the plunge so to speak and build my first pool (using a builder of course). Our pool will be more of a basic pool compared to a lot of the posts and pictures I have seen, but we are still very excited! Thought I might post the initial specs and get some feedback. Pretty much a done deal at this point, but still intersted. Probably will post pictures along the way if anyone is interested. Feel like we have found a really solid PB in the DFW/Texas area. Here are the specs:

Size: 21' x 34'

Perimeter: 90' + spa (probably another 8-10?)

Area: Pool: 500 sf, Spa: 38 sf, or 538 sf total

Gallons: 18,500

Returns: 5

Skimmers: 2, plumbed searately

Depth: 3.5' - 5' - 4' (based on how we think we'll use it)

Benches: 3

Tanning Deck: 1 with umbrella sleeve

Spa: 7', round, raised 18", 5 jets

Tile: Standard

Coping: Thick Oklahoma Flag (2.5")

Spa Veneer: Okalhoma Flag

Spa Spillway: Multi-tier Okalahoma Flag

Deck: 650 sf of Exposed Aggregate

Interior: Standard Pebble Tec or Sheen (still deciding)

Pump: Hayward Northstar 2.0HP (max rated)

Filter: Hayward Swimclear 425 sf cartridge

Heater: Hayward H-400, 400,000 BTU Induced Draft

Spa Blower: 1.5 HP

Lights: 500 watt pool, 100 watt spa (looked at LED, but can't seem to justify cost)

Cleaner: Letro Platinum with 3/4 HP booster pump

SWG: Hayward/Goldline Aquarite

Automation: Hayward/Goldline Aqualogic PS-8 and Aquapod Remote

Additional: Re-fill Line, Overflow, Standard Grading, Yard Drainage system with box drain to route run-off from east side swale, volleyball pole sleeves, pools-side planter

Irrigation System: complete repair and modification to accomodate pool location

I know from reading that there seems to be a tendency to lean towards Pentair. My PB will use either, but prefers the Hayward equipment (could be cost, could be experience, could be promotions... who knows, but I trust him, which is the most important thing at this point... I believe).

Thanks for any thoughts. Hope to start the dig this time next week, and may follow through the project with pictures/updates.

Regards...

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer