SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren0319

A question about mismatched night stands and lamps- PICS

13 years ago

Excuse the bedding... shams and pillows are still on backorder, so this is definitely a work in progress!! (Received the duvet cover from RH and I LOVE it!!!)

So I'm slowing getting used to the massiveness of our new bed and I have to say- I'm loving it!!! Next on the list is night stands and lamps. So get this- I've always had this little random wooden accent table. It was a TV stand in my college apt... then a sofa table in our first house... and in this current house I just had it in my guest bedroom with the thought that I would garage sale it this spring. My mom came over, saw it, and mentioned that she thought it would make a great night stand for our new bed! And I have to admit- I agree!! It's the perfect height (30 inches) and I think it looks great, considering it was "free." And I was seriously going to sell it mid-May, lol. wdyt?

So I'm obv. going the mismatched look with night stands. I need to find one more for my husband's side- Needs to be about 30 in. tall... I'm thinking wooden and round. wdyt? And does the wood need to "match" the other night stand...? Match the bed (which is almost black)? Or neither?

Also- a question about lamps. I really want to go the acrylic route. The "decorator" I was working with at our local store said it was a "decorating rule" that if you use mismatched night stands, you need to have 2 different lamps, not matching lamps. wdyt? The lamps I have now aren't bad... maybe I could get a new shade for one... and do acrylic on the other side? Acrylic on both? (matching or different??) Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to see it all come together. The slowness of this project is driving my husband mad, lol.

Next up- a dresser and chest!

Comments (19)