SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coolmama_gw

New baby bunny!

coolmama
17 years ago

As some of you know from my other post,I have been mourning the loss of our beloved gerbil. In an effort to help my daughter,although I know gerbe can never be replaced,we got her a baby bunny.

DH tricked her and said he was going out to buy tools but picked out a cute,Netherland dwarf,grey baby bunny.

Except Dh forgot to ask what sex the bunny is. I have a bunny book and tried to tell myself,but I'm really not sure.Also...it seems to eat ALOT,and has a slightly round belly.I hope it's not a pregnant female.(one time we got a hamster who was pregnant and didnt know it until it went into labor on Halloween night)

I would still keep her if she was pregnant,I just would have NO CLUE how to care for baby bunnies. Anyways,I'am already so attached.She (I think a she) is already so loveable and sweet.She loves being with us and actually seems kinda sad when it's time to go back into the cage (even though we keep her out for hours at a time)

If anyone has any advice on how to care for baby bunnies I'd be greatful.I give her lots of fresh veggies and greens everyday. Also,how do you really know when they are pregnant? I havent taken her to a vet yet,as I need to find one who specializes in bunnies (most around here only do cats and dogs)

Comments (12)