SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runninginplace

White Traditional Galley Kitchen (Lots of Pics)

runninginplace
13 years ago

Since I'm taking my own mini-staycation this week during our school's spring break, decided to finally upload some pictures of our remodel. The project started at the beginning of September 2010, and was basically done just before Thanksgiving. My kitchen still had the original 1950 layout, cabinets, sink, counters and backsplash. I didn't change the layout at all but with the help of GW managed to create a room that is much more user-friendly and has enormously more storage. So, here are the before and after photos. As will quickly become clear I am not a very good photographer nor stager, but hopefully at least these will show some of the very major changes to this room:

Sink wall before:

Sink wall after:

Stove and Refrigerator wall before:

Stove and refrigerator wall after:

Hallway storage area before:

Hallway pantry after:

Microwave and tv area before:

Microwave area after:

Refrigerator before:

Refrigerator after:

Hidden storage idea gleaned from GW:

Original tile countertop before:

Wine River granite countertop atop new dishwasher after:

Sink before:

Detail of original uncleanable grout around sink before:

Raw and unedited view of single bowl sink after, complete with actual kitchen sponge and debris on patio:

Ceiling with fab '80s fan before:

Ceiling with new can lights and Rejuvenation fixture after:

Just to make life interesting, view of plumbing pipes originally placed through the MIDDLE of lower cabinetry(!) before--pipe is the white item just below shelf:

Plumbing rerouted normally after:

And last but not least...what happens when you decide that since you have a couple of hundred bucks worth of granite left you might as well use it. $3500 later you get that outdoor kitchen counter/drawers and sink you didn't know you wanted:

Details-

Kitchen:

Cabinets: Executive Cabinetry, Traditional style, maple factory painted Super White

Countertop: Wine River granite, polished with ogee edge

Refrigerator: Jennair 42" side by side integrated

Stove: GE Profile

Microwave: GE Profile

Dishwasher: Bosch integrated

Sink: Kohler Bakersfield undermount

Faucet: Kohler Revival series

Knobs/pulls: Top Knobs

Lighting: 6" can lights with 60-watt spotlights in ceiling, Rejuvenation fixture above sink, undercabinet flourescent lighting

Paint: Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments, mixed at 50%, matches rest of house

Flooring: Armstrong engineered red oak, matches rest of house

Patio:

Cabinets by Crystal: the toekick is on clips so it can be removed for cleaning floor of patio

Countertop: Wine river granite, polished and with standard edge

Sink: Swanstone bar sink

Faucet: Price Pfister one handled bar sink

Comments (31)