SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sassman55

Brand of salt water chlorine generator

sassman55
14 years ago

IÂve been reading up on the proÂs and conÂs of salt water pools and I think I am going to convert from chlorine to salt water this summer. My next step is to decide on the brand of salt water chlorine generator to purchase. My initial reaction is to go with the Aquarite Pro with the 40K turbo cell; cost will be around $1,200 for the generator and cell. Anyone have any experience or opinions as far as the Aquarite or any other brand of chlorine generators? Also, I donÂt know if it makes a difference or not, but my pool was constructed in the mid 70Âs and has a concrete deck and the coping is concrete with exposed aggregate (very 70Âsish). For years I estimated the capacity of the pool to be between 30 Â 35K gallons. Three years ago, I had the pool re-plastered, regular white plaster, and the plaster guy said that he estimates the pool to be pushing 40k gallons. I have a 325,000 BTU heater attached and I have modified the plumbing to be able to isolate the heater from the rest of the system. Also, my pool light enclosure "the part that is molded into the concrete" is copper. I live in Oklahoma, so when it gets hot, there is A LOT of evaporation. Anyway, like I said above, if anyone has an opinion as far as brand of salt water chlorine generator, I would love to hear it! Or, if anyone thinks I really shouldnÂt go with a salt water system, I would like to hear that too.

Comments (9)