SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beths96

What do you think of all-white impatiens for my home?

beths96
13 years ago

Hi everyone. I really look forward to planting annuals every Spring. Most of the time I rotate (dark pink, light pink, white, etc). Then I do pink and white wave petunias in all my window boxes, containers, and hanging baskets. (I have to plant impatiens around the foundation because of the amount of shade I get during the day).

For years, I've been looking for a truly violet or purple impatien. even the "violet" color looks pink to me. THe reason I want violet is because I'm dying to plant the dark, dark purple wave petunias in my baskets and boxes.

So my question is, would it look okay to do all white impatiens along the foundation, and then do the dark purple petunias in the boxes/baskets? I've wanted to do all white for a while. First, because I think the look would be very sophisticated, since I do mostly a black, gray, and white color scheme outside. Second, my white impatiens almost always do so much better than the colors. They will grow so much larger and bloom so much better than the colors.

I know this is not an inside decorating question, but I really wanted your opinions.

Here is a picture of the house last summer. This is right after we got a new roof, and the roofers kind of destroyed my flowers. They are usually much nicer.

Beth

Comments (44)