SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren0319

Bed has arrived! (PICS- w/ new paint) Need bedding help :)

lauren0319
13 years ago

(PIC heavy)

The bed has arrived. And it's a beast! It has the same footprint as any king size bed... but visually it's a huge. We knew it would be. Hubby LOVES it. I think I *will* love it, once I get the room together.

To remind you, here's a BEFORE. (horrid color blocking done by previous owner.)

{{gwi:1660393}}

AFTER- popcorn ceiling scraped, recessed lights and crown moulding added, new fan, paint, and baseboards... and of course BED. (Vintage Patina by Bernhardt.)

I really wanted to wait on bedding until the bed got here. I know what I want... very neutral; grays and blues. I found lovely bedding at Restoration Hardware.. but I have 2 issues w/ it. #1, it's a duvet cover... and I'm not a fan of duvets... I *do* like a fluffy look and feel, but duvets look almost messy. And I want crisp and clean. and #2- it's expensive!!! $90 for a Euro sham!!! And I need 3!

PIC of RH bedding. Also linked below.

As far as bedding- here is what I am thinking.... I want something that will be "tucked" into the panels of the bed. I am thinking 3 Euro shams across the back. Either in the RH paisley pattern or a gray quilt pattern. (RH's quilted euro shams are $70... I think I found something similar at BB&B for $50, going to look today.) Then 2 king size shams (opposite of the euro shams, either paisley or quilted.) Not sure what I want to do for coverings. I got some "delicious" :) gray sheets at Tuesday morning, so I just need a blanket or quilt and a comforter or duvet, as long as the duvet doesn't look too messy. The king duvet from RH is $300! Yikes!

So I'd like to get bedding chosen this weekend if possible... if I have to spend a small fortune at RH, so be it. But I sure would like to know I explored all my options.

After bedding, need to figure out night stands, lamps, dresser, chest, window treatments and accessories. yikes. Here's pic of the rest of the room. Look if you dare! :)

Dresser and chest that I really like- Barclay Square by Lexington.

{{gwi:1625923}}

{{gwi:1625922}}

Night stands?????? I actually like the *look* of my iron and glass ones... they just need to be about a foot taller. Have you seen anything that might work? And I'd like to get tall acrylic lamps... To be honest, what I'd like to get is a decorator... haha :)

Window treatments??? 2 panels hung close to the ceiling? Or 1 panel on each side, swept opposite the bed?

Inspiration photos...

Thank you for your thoughts :) Any and all help is appreciated. And about the canopy on the bed. I have a feeling we will take it down. I prefer it as a 4 poster bed. But hubby loves it as it, so I'm willing to work with it for now.

Here is a link that might be useful: RH

Comments (30)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm