SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

How many of you take Lipitor or Crestor?

luckygardnr
15 years ago

I've been seeing my doctor about aches and pains in my back, stomach problems, headaches and a few other things. It's something that has been building in me over the years, and has finally gotten to the point that I know I'm sick but can't put my finger on it. I finally came to the conclusion that maybe I had a kidney infection. My doctor disagreed. He suggested I stop taking Lipitor for a month and see how I feel, and also scheduled an ultrasound for my kidneys to make sure there are no stones.

Here's the kicker! It's been 48 hours since I last took a Lipitor, and most of the aches and pains are gone! I did some research on the net and found out that Lipitor is not a nice medication. It causes even more bad things than what I've been going through! So for the last 10 years, I've been slowly poisoning myself!

This is some info I got off just one site, but there are many more with same kind of info.

Lipitor side effects

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using Lipitor and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

* muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness with fever or flu symptoms and dark colored urine. (I had all of these, and some of the less serious side effects)

Less serious side effects may include:

* mild stomach pain, gas, bloating, stomach upset, heartburn;

* nausea, stomach pain or upset;

* constipation, bloating, gas;

* stuffy nose;

* itching, skin rash; or

* muscle pain.

This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect.

Before taking Lipitor

Do not use this medication if you are allergic to atorvastatin, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, or if you have liver disease.

Before taking Lipitor, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:

* diabetes;

* underactive thyroid;

* kidney disease; or

* a muscle disorder.

If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take Lipitor.

I am diabetic and I have an underactive thyroid. I think when I go back to my doctor, I'm gonna get him to put me on something else, and I'm going to try to change my eating habits, so I don't have to take cholesterol meds anymore.

Comments (17)