SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mad_about_mickey

Time Warner Cable billing issue....long...

mad_about_mickey
15 years ago

In December my son was off from work for a few weeks. He ordered movies with the remote. This I had no problem with. He pays me for whatever he watches, over the regular bill.

We were billed for the movies over a 2 month period of time because the billing cycle is billed from the 15th of month to 15th of next month --in advance.

In January I went to the local office to put a block on anything ordered from the remote-These movies range from 7.95 to 11.95 each. (DS wasn't getting unemployment and had no income. )... NOTHING was to be allowed to be ordered unless I personally went in there and ordered.

Nothing appeared on our bill for the last two cycles.DS said he had ordered the amount of movies and he paid me for them. we received a bill that had 2 movies listed as being ordered in DECEMBER. The dates fell between the two bills where we had already paid for movies. How did you get billed for two movies 4 months after they were ordered and viewed?

So... I called TWC and asked how it took 4 months for these charges to appear on a bill. She told me that 'We are like the IRS, if you owe them money, eventually they'll catch up to you." I asked what the name of the movies were. She said she couldn't tell me as they were adult movies. I said that you used to place the name of the movie on the bill. She said they no longer do that. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said he was on another call and would I mind waiting? Ok , she put me on hold.

She comes back (6 minutes later) and tells me he is still on a call. I said that all I want to know is how you can bill me for something that the dates are 4 months ago when I had already paid for the 10 movies you tell me were ordered. She says that this is computer generated and a human has no part of this.

Ok. Let me talk to a supervisor. " He is still on a call" She was not friendly at all.

Went on hold for 5 -6 minutes again. She comes back and tells me that We had ordered these two and more that had not showed up on our bill yet.I asked what the movies were and she said she couldn't tell me. Ok. Let me talk to a supervisor. She said I could get his voicemail , but not speak with him because he was so busy.

Put me on hold again. Comes back and says that she has checked my bills and is willing to write off these two movies, but be aware that any others you will be billed for. I said no, that I had a block on the account and I wasn't going to pay for movies that you are telling me were watched but not giving me the name of them. Put on hold again. She tells me that this billing is like using your credit card, it doesn't go through right away. I say that if my cc has billed me for something it at least tells me what I have purchased. and my cc has never taken 4 months for a charge to show up.

She is not friendly. She tells me that I am responsible for my bills. I tell her that I have already paid for movies and am unwilling to pay for something that you refuse to tell me the name of. She tells me that they bill a month in advance. Ok, I get that so how did it take you 4 months to place these two movies on my bill when the dates fall on Dec 2 and Dec 9 . When the december bill showed movies watched on Dec 1 and 2nd and the 11th. and the Februall bill shows movies watched after those dates. How do you miss billing me for 4 months,

This is getting so long, So please just check your bills.

I feel that they are just trying to make money off of you

and you have to watch EVERYTHING.

Comments (5)