SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shabosbaby

How to get a puppy to sleep through the night

shabosbaby
17 years ago

My husband and I just got a new boxer puppy about 3 weeks ago and he is 6 weeks old. We also have a 4 year old boxer dog. Well I was single when I got Star (my other boxer) and I don't remember at all going through this with her. My husband has been awake so much through the night with our new puppy, Deuce. Its not like a normal, up a couple times to go potty either. I mean I know what its like to have a baby and this is crazy. Like last night, Deuce did not sleep one wink. My poor husband was up ALL night long with him. (he lets me sleep because I have to work in the early morning, he is laid off right now) Not like I really get any sleep with him crying all night but he tries. Deuce just cries and wines and my husband gets up, plays with him, feeds him, brings him out, whatever he can and Deuce still doesn't sleep. We thought maybe he was sleeping too much in the day, so we made a point to NOT let him sleep in the day. Well that was sooo hard but we did as best as we could and guess what?? It didn't help!! The only thing that I saw that helped him sleep was 1 time I gave him warm, soft puppy food. (like the one's in the pouches) He loved it and ate it all gone and slept pretty good that night, but he was sooo sick the next day he pooped all over my house. He couldn't even wait to go outside. So there went that idea. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us!! Give us ideas!!! OHHH I guess I should also tell you...we started potty training him with a huge crate. Well he ended up liking to sleep in the crate more then be punished in it so we made a bed in there and now that's where he sleeps. So when I tell you he was up all night, he was locked in the crate. (except when he woke us up then Shaun got up with him and did there thing) ANYBODY with some ideas would be greatly appreciated!!Merry Christmas Everybody!!

Elycia

Comments (17)