SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmhall2000

Goldfinch Stables pool build...let the digging begin!!

lmhall2000
14 years ago

Wow! Didn't realize how quickly this would all come together! I have posted over the past 2 years thinking our other house would sell and we could get started, well after 31 months it closed in January!! We bought this farm to start a family ministry...offering summer camps for foster kids gratis...I've been working with 2 horses preparing them and now without the 2nd mortgage we are moving forward with the pool...

It was not an easy process, I wanted a simple 20x40 pool for teaching swimming lessons...no curves, no spa, no waterfalls (love them all but practicality wins out on this project)..the local pool builders gave me a quote of anywhere from 70k-100k for a vinyl pool and then said to add 20-30k to that if I wanted gunite (without pebblesheen) and poured concrete 1000 sq. ft. decking..

Time to find outside help and contract this pool on my own.

I pulled my permit last week and 'dugging' started yesterday!! Here is my plan, had to take off the two seats on the side near the fence...but other wise it looks just like intended!! I hired Sceadu (WONDERFUL guy and hardworking!) from this forum!!! to do the pool shell and working on finding help for the decking..I've got local guys helping reroute my electrical/plumbing that had to be dug into and things. Found an incredible deal on the pavers I'm using for the decking, a liquidation from Belgard meant a blessing on our end...all the folks I'm working with have been huge in helping make this dream come true...I'm amazed daily at the help I've received from many, including all the great Gardenweb members!! Thank you!!

{{gwi:8031}}

So appreciate all the help/suggestions you can give along the way! We hope this pool will last us 25 years and then some...

20x40 Gunite

Pebble sheen (probably White Diamonds, recommended due to being able to keep it clean?? but may go with Irish Mist)

Jandy equipment Salt Water

Polaris 280

No heater

Decking: Bergerac Potomac Blend pavers

coping: Peacock Pavers precast concrete (Champagne or Buff)

Tile: Need help choosing!! Can't decide!

Thanks everyone!! Appreciate all the builders/owners who have shared their journeys..hopefully, my build will help others as yours have helped me! I think the dig went fairly well, Sceadu was in that trachoe pretty much all day...we've had so much rain here that I was worried he'd sink to China, but he did a great job and his helpers were wonderful....I was thankful we didn't hit boulders or find construction pit from the house build 10 years ago...little graces! Thanks Sceadu!!

Tara

Comments (25)