SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

walking cats? do you , does anyone!?

vacuumfreak
17 years ago

Hi there. With my Jasper's latest interest in the outside world I have considered either leash training him or getting a cat stroller. The stroller would give me an excuse to exercise, I'm sure if he was on a leash he would either sit down or try to climb things. But, if I just throw him in a stroller, he isn't actively participating in the experience. I think a stroller might be better for keeping the parasites off of him. He's never had a flea or tick, and I'd like to keep it that way. I could buy some Advantage or Frontline if it comes down to that. I did some research (googled "walking cats/leash training cats"), but it just gave me various methods for leash traning. I'm hoping to hear from people who either do this, or know someone who does it. Would you recommend leash or stroller? I think it would be nice for him to get some fresh air out of the 1 bedroom apartment. There are so many things to consider if I start walking my kitty... snakes, wild dogs, rabid animals that might try to attack. I think I would try to pick him up if I saw a threat coming, but he might get all crazy in defense mode. I just don't know if walking him will make his thirst for the outdoors even stronger encourage his trying to run out the door behavior.

Comments (10)