SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moose_2007

hot tub virgin

moose_2007
16 years ago

Hello

I'm a new comer to this forum, so I have lots of questions. I've tried the 'search' but not finding definitive answers.

Also a newcomer to hot tubs/spas.

My husband and I are building a house and planning on putting a tub on our deck(yes, our GC will be reinforcing it). We went to the BC home and garden show to check out spas-how bewildering since we don't know anything about them!

We are on a modest budget, not looking for an over-the-top model, that will accomodate a family of four. We decided that most 7' x 7' tubs would be suitable. A must would be ozone(I hate the smell of chemicals). We looked at Arctic. They said they had a salt water-ozone combo, which got to be confusing later on as one exibitor(Coastal) said salt water was too corrosive for a hot tub and another(Jacuzzi) said that there was no way to regulate the amount of chlorine since salt has chlorine in it. Any recommendations, anything we should be looking for in particular?

I noticed on the best hot tub site that noise concerns are also an issue, esp. outside a bedroom-so many things I never thought of(add to that how to get that darn thing up onto our deck-just love the idea of having to hire a crane to do that!)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations