SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kudzu9

Options for venting a new bathroom...

kudzu9
16 years ago

I recently bought a house that has a one-story, 20' X 20' studio which is right next to, but separate from, the house. It's mainly finished, and one corner has been rough-plumbed for a small bathroom. It's a concrete slab floor, and there's a toilet drain coming up through the floor that's 12" from the wall. about 6' in there's also a 2" drain coming up for a shower, and a few feet away there is a drain coming up for a sink. However, none of these drains are vented. The room has a cathedral ceiling so there is no attic. The shower and sink drains will be enclosed by a wall, so I can bring up a vent from them, but I'd like to not have to penetrate the steel roof. What are my options for venting the shower/sink drains? I have heard that there is some kind of device that you can put on top of a vent stack that doesn't have to penetrate the roof and can be terminated in the wall. Can these be used for both sink/shower, and a separate one for the toilet? (I'm presuming I'd have to jackhammer the concrete floor to connect a vent pipe to the toilet drain.)

Comments (7)