SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
new_to_sc

Did I Make a Big Mistake w/Cabinets?

new_to_sc
12 years ago

Our cabinets just arrived and GC is going to start hanging them tomorrow. DH and I unpacked a couple so we could get a look at them. I'm afraid I may have made a big mistake.

When we ordered them (they are Shiloh) DH did not like a simple cabinet front - thought it was too plain. The drawer front I had originally ordered, KD came back and said wasn't available with the door we picked. I wanted something a bit less traditional. In hindsight I don't feel like the KD really gave me much guidance or suggestions, she was just taking an order.

Now that I look at them I'm not sure I like the doors and the drawers together. The doors have a raised panel and the drawers are slap with a bit of a detailed edge. But all the drawers are like this. Even the large drawers - the 32" - are completely flat.

I'm concerned how this will all look together but am not interested in paying to have all new drawer fronts. Anyone out there have raised panel doors and slab like drawers that they can share pics of?

Here are mine. Took a close up of the drawer so you could see the edging. Can someone talk me off the edge?

Comments (26)