SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moejoe27

Specific Potty Training Questions

moejoe27
15 years ago

About my dog: Chihuahua, 1 lb 4 oz., "Tuffy", and 5 months old. Should not weigh anymore than 2.5lbs when he is fully grown. (Small Small parents)

He does so good when I take him outside after he eats in the morning and in the evening. I do take him for walks during the day. So he is getting plenty of excersice. I also placed puppy pads in several places inside the house because he is a puppy and puppies have accidents. ANYTIME HE HAS AN ACCIDENT HE DOES IT ON THE PUPPY PAD! YEAH! He does not go to the door and wine or ask to go outside I just have him on an outside schedule.

Everyone is probley saying, "Sounds like you have the potty training whooped!" WRONG!

At night Tuffy stays in a small crate. Because he is so small I have placed a really small puppy bed inside the crate. I have placed a puppy pad inside also. Puppies can't hold it all night long and he does not wine or bark to be let out.

Well, before long I noticed that he has been pp-ing in his bed. Not on the pad, but in his bed. So I took the bedding out of the crate. He only had the puppy pad to lay on. Problem is he is so tiny that he does not have enough body heat to keep him warm. He was ice cold two mornings in a row. I actually thought that he was sick or something and ran him to the vet's office and he said that Tuffy was just to cold. I keep it a comfortable 68 degrees inside my house when it is 26 degrees outside. I washed and placed the bedding back into the kennel and the first thing he done was pp in it! I had just brought him back inside from being outside for about 10 min. NOTE: He can't stay outside too long because he freezes to death, even with a sweater.

To sum it up.....what in the world do I do???? I have taken the water and the food away after he eats dinner at night. (appox. 6pm) He pp's and poopoo's outside after he eats (like clock work) and then I take him outside once again before I go to bed. He has room to get off the bed and pp on the pad but chooses not to. He knows what the puppy pads are for, he has proved that. How in the world do I keep him from pp-ing in the bed???

Also, one more thing....He just started this....Last night he peepeed outside...we came inside...he beggs to get into my lap and then pp's in my lap! I did not spank him but I scolded him and showed my disapproval with the tone in my voice. NOTE: I did not yell at him. He new I was mad! He went and got into his crate and did not come out again. Then tonight he done the same thing! TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW! Is this going to be a habbit forming???

HELP!

Comments (16)