SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Looking for colorful, 'cottagey' rug

Sueb20
14 years ago

We're renovating our beach cottage and in the process, pulling up all carpeting so we'll have hardwood floors throughout. I'm thinking of keeping most of the rugs neutral, like sisal/seegrass, but in one room -- the playroom/TV room -- I'd like something patterned and colorful. The only known 'color' in the room now is a gray sofa. The walls will be white beadboard on bottom and probably a turquoise/aqua on top, but will wait to determine that after I find a rug. Next door is the kitchen, which will be black & white w/ pistachio green and red accents. So those are the colors I'd like to bring into the room in question: red, turquoise, light green. Love the look of the Dash & Albert cotton rugs but I don't want something so lightweight. Size should be 6x9 or 8x10 and of course, I don't want to spend too much! Under $500 would be great. I've been poking around online and I can't seem to find anything. I keep thinking I'd like a funky striped rug, or even a floral if it wasn't too serious/formal. The house will basically be entirely new, although it started as an older Cape and we intend to treat it as an older house so I'm looking for retro beach cottage style, not modern. Any suggestions?

Comments (6)