SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suz1023

i should be glad i have another year to get started, shouldn't i?

Susan
14 years ago

after years of working on it i finally have a kitchen/entry plan i absolutely love, appliances lined up, contractors bids, etc.

only to find out a week ago that because of my husband's health we need to wait a full year or more to begin our remodel. his doctor told us that dh's immune system will be so depleted that we cannot possibly risk stirring up dust or mold spores by starting construction. thank goodness i mentioned that we were planning to start in a couple of months!

so i'm scared about the coming year, we didn't realsie his doc was going to suggest we do it sooner rather than later. especially since dh feels great now. but a bone marrow transplant needs to be done when he's as healthy as possible, so here we go.

but the treatment will probably make him feel awful for months. he has a very good chance of not only surviving, but actually being cured of his leukemia, which of course is more important than the new kitchen.

we were really ready to have the remodel begin in june, but it's not to be.

guess i just have to work on the finer details for the next year.

i'll work on getting some plans on line for your input, that should kill some time and maybe even spark a nice debate or three!!

thanks for letting me vent, i am scared for dh and bummed we have to wait at least another year. i though you guys would get where i'm coming from.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz