SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bestlawn

Shaping up to being a very good day

bestlawn
16 years ago

A customer called this morning, a lady for whom I have done work four or five times in the past. The last time was two years ago. This time is for her sister's funeral scheduled for Saturday. Despite owing me a balance of $80 from the last time, she called me again. She has family and friends trying to convince her to have someone else do the work, but she insists she doesn't want anyone else to do it. I really appreciate her confidence in me and the very nice compliments she paid. I called her on and off for several months trying to collect the money she owed but finally gave up. She said she'd call when she was able to pay it, so I didn't bug her about it anymore for 6 or 7 months. Began calling again, but the story was the same, so I backed off. Really, I could see she was having a hard time, so I didn't want to make 80 bucks all that big a deal. I'm so glad I didn't try other measures to collect the debt. I feel like I've sustained a customer for life. If she mentions it then fine, but I don't think I should. What do you think?

I called Comcast about an ongoing problem with my phone. During conversation, my transmitter blinks out momentarily and comes back in again, so the party cannot hear me for several moments. I can still hear them just fine, but they think I hung up on them. It's a similar problem that happens during cell phone conversation and very frustrating. I have to preface every made and received call with telling the party to expect it and not to hang up. Comcast has sent a technician 3 times in the past 5 months. Each one thinks they fixed it but didn't. The agent I spoke with is sending someone this afternoon with a new modem. We'll see if it does the trick, but I am most delighted with her crediting my account for $88. WOOHOO! Sounds good to me. Think maybe karma has taken care of my customer's debt?

How's your day shaping up so far?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals