SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corey_o

Help installing Kinetico water softener

corey_o
9 years ago

Bought a Kinetico Model 60 from a house that was getting a major renovation. Same town water, old house had 2 adults 1 kid, we have 2 adults and 2 kids. Water was tested last year as 60 mg/l. Unfortunately I was unable to see the unit before it was completely removed - I am looking for some guidance for the install (dang Kinetico and their refusal to put manuals on the net). I have done a fair amount of plumbing but this is my first water softener.

Questions:

First, how much salt should I put into the brine tank (any type/brands of salt recommended or best to avoid).

Second, how high about the unit can the discharge water travel? My main drain line is overhead (7.5') - will there be enough pressure to get the discharged water there? Can it go to the floor above (great if yes, can then add to washing machine air gap).

Third, the drain and brine lines were misplaced - what tube dimensions are required for replacement?

Fourth, and hopefully last, the unit came with a pre-filter. Since I am on town water is this necessary? If so, any recommendations for a brand?

Thanks in advance,
Corey

Comments (3)