SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trinigemini

any ideas for building a home with pets in mind?

trinigemini
14 years ago

We started to talk a bit about this topic on the thread dealing with senior pets and someone suggested I start a new thread.

We are considering building a home. We will always have bulldogs and I have been thinking about ideas to make their lives a little easier. For instance we would build a one story instead of two. Someone on the other thread mentioned cork flooring which might be better on an old dogs limbs, hips and shoulders.

We know that we will have a dog run in the yard for them to do their business. We will be building on one acre and I think that is too much freedom for a dog to have in Florida, so they will have their own little yard within ours where they are completely safe, with some agility toys in there. They will still never be outside alone, but this way while we are in the pool they can have free roam a bit outside.

Are there any other ideas any of you would like to have in a house. I'm particularly interested in hearing from dog owners as I know cats are a bit different.

I have checked out pools already and see that we can design one with a natural beach entry instead of stairs. This was also mentioned on the other thread, I think its a great idea.

Any other ideas?

Comments (20)