SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

What the heck is wrong with me??

neetsiepie
14 years ago

About a year ago I bought myself a new truck, I really love it and it's just what I wanted. We kept my old truck because it was such a good vehicle and I didn't want DH to use my new one for hauling sand & cement.

The old truck needed some work done on the doors, and some interior cosmetic stuff, and DH bought another truck, identical to it, for less than what it would have cost us for parts, to use for parts. Turned out, the newly purchased truck, once it had a new battery cable, was in excellent condition and worth easily 5 times what we paid for it. So DH decided to keep it.

I offered to sell DS my old truck...he'd learned to drive in it, and then I could kind of keep it in the family. But he ended up not wanting to buy it, so today DH listed it on CL, and within 15 minutes of posting someone came over and bought it! We were pretty shocked, didn't think it would sell so fast, but the buyer gave us our asking price no questions asked.

So he'll pick it up tomorrow (he's paid already) after DH cleans it out. After I handed the new owner the paperwork, I went inside and cried!! OHMYGOSH...this is what I mean by what the heck is wrong with me!

That truck was the first one I'd ever bought for myself, and it was all mine. I was in a very bad car accident in it...and it was the reason I survived that wreck. I was also rear ended in it! It's hauled literally tons of merchandise, driven all over and never once broke down in the 8 years I owned it.

So how goofy is it that I cried? Gosh, I'm so embarrassed.

Comments (5)