SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sil2007

can't get 32' lazy susan into corner base cab

sil2007
14 years ago

Hi,

I can not fit 2, 32 in kidney shaped lazy susans into my base corner base cabinet because i am 1 inch to short on one side. I believe i could custom make a 30 or 31 inch instead,,,,to maximize the space for storage.

But i want to keep the middle shelf and simply lay the tray on top... Perhaps i can cut the shelf in half and have it sit on the wood rest in a variety of ways and get my 2 shelves inside and then reposition the shelf somehow later. Prefinished trays have are about 3 inches thick, ply + rail + bearing. I can only get one of those trays inside.

If i make one with plywood, without any rail so it is 5/8 thick as opposed to 3 inches, i think i can somehow get 2 of them inside and then add on the bearing turning accessory... they sell thin ones but i worry that too large a tray will eventually touch along the sides with the weight of appliances bearing down. Some how i will have to install the bearing mechanism while the trays are inside the corner....

Has anyone got any short cuts.? or experience with such a task?

I don't want the lazy susan on poles because so much shelving area will be lost and i have no pantry.

THose corners left around the lazy susan tray when on a shelf will store gallons of oil and a few boxes of lasagna pasta that i rarely need to access. THat middle shelf will be raised or lowered to allow the lazy susan to be maneuvered inside on an angle. I assume.

Comments (2)