SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joannaindc_gw

Low water pressure in bath/shower - copper pipes replaced

joannaindc
9 years ago

I've been reading lots of helpful advice on here and thought I'd seek the wisdom of the members.

We have a house built in 1935. We just gutted and renovated one of the bathrooms on the second floor (there are lots of issues with the renovation but that's another story). The problem is the water pressure has not improved at all with the new copper pipes and new bath/shower fixture.

I've tried to isolate the issue. The other bathroom on the same floor in the master bedroom has GREAT water pressure and volume. That bathroom has not been renovated, but I know the previous owner lived alone and likely used that bathroom much more than the hallway one with the weak water pressure/volume.

I also looked up how to loosen the gauge/valve on the fixture, but since the old and the new fixtures give the same amount of water pressure, I don't think that's the issue. The new fixture is a single handle Delta one.

The water volume is weak with the water on the hot and cold and does not change.

Does anyone have any tips on improving water coming out of the faucet in the bath tub? There's no problem with filling the toilet in the same bathroom.

Our contractor did say that replacing the copper lines may not improve the water problem since he only replaced them in the areas that were visible when it was gutted -- he did not tear into the walls, etc.

Any wisdom is greatly appreciated!

Comment (1)