SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oakrunfarm

High dollar options - what are worth it and what are not?

oakrunfarm
16 years ago

We are finalizing design of an IG gunite pool, 14' x 45' with one end infinity edge.

I am kind of overwhelmed with all of the options available. I'd like to find out from people who either have some of them, what their experiences have been (good or bad), and also people who did NOT get them, and wish they had or are glad they did not.

Here are the costs the PB has given me for the items.

Pool cover - $2,500 - leaning against it (we're in N.C., no kids)

In-ground cleaning system - $4,000 - will an auto cleaner work just as well? What happens if the in-ground breaks?

Automation - $4,000 - will this make my life just so much easier it is worth it? I think the pump and heater, etc. are going to be located in a kind of inconvenient area to access easily. Does someone make a good-quality version that is LESS than $4,000?

Upgraded/colored lights - $750-$1,000 - I really only want blue and/or white. He mentioned something about lenses for the lights. Anyone have that? Is there a possible upgrade for better-quality in-pool lights? Anyone have the LED's or coping lights?

DiamondBrite - $2,000 - leaning toward this. I don't think I want just plain plaster.

Thanks so much for any/all input!

Comments (17)