SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spiritual_gardner

Some People Should Just Not Have A Dog

spiritual_gardner
15 years ago

Venting!!! WHO ME????

Yes. This is a vent.

Last week was a really doozey. Around Tuesday I heard of a completely hideous case of dog abuse. Just as I got adjusted to that, I heard of a small dog that was attacked and killed by a raging Pitt Bull. THEN.

Sunday, I scheduled a meet and greet with a new client. Dog is (was?) a 3 pound fuzz ball, two months old, just in new home for only 3 days. I spent well over an hour educating (so I thought) the human about how to deal with this pup, that was literally bouncing all over the place. I STRESSED many times, that the dog should be supervised every second when not crated.

The next day, I get a frantic call. Human left dog in back yard (UNATTENDED), dog got out, and is now somewhere (who knows) other than home.

People, if you don't have any common sense to realize that a dog, especially one just introduced to the household, is going to take work and lots of it, plus patience, DON'T GET THE DOG. You are doing all involved a tremendous disservice when something goes wrong.

ADDITIONALLY. When you DO get a new dog, PLEASE teach the "HERE" command. To many people, for some STUPID reason, simply refuse to teach this very basic, simple command. HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU EXPECT TO GET YOUR DOG BACK IF IT GET'S LOOSE AND KNOWS NO COMMANDS????

USUALLY, and SADLY, YOU DON'T. I can't tell you how many people ask me almost weekly if I have seen their dog, that got away, while they were walking, and there was no way of getting the dogs attention to get it back. Lots of times this leads to the dog being injured or killed.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE PEOPLE!!!!

Geez.

SG

Comments (3)