SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

new kitty saga - not over yet

3katz4me
10 years ago

My poor little new kitty has regressed with her litter box habits which we think is due to the fact she still has some kind of intestinal disorder and diarrhea/loose stools. So she is now confined again to the bathroom when we're not around to keep an eye on her. I feel so sorry for her and her buddy Tucker who sometimes sits outside her bathroom door.

She's had three stool tests - one clear, one showing coccidia, one with giardia. She's been treated with Drontal twice, metronidazole and panacur and she's now eating ID and probiotics. And all my cats were treated for giardia though they show no symptoms. There's been no improvement with any of this.

From what I've read this can sometimes go on with young cats for months. I guess we're going on two months now. I think we had issues like this with Tucker for at least that long but it wasn't so bad because he always used the litter box. His problem was eventually resolved with different food once all his parasites were under control.

I've been seeing a vet at my clinic who happened to be available to see her when I first got her. I think he's "okay" but I don't think as thorough as the vet I usually see so now I have an appt next week with him. I expect we'll do some lab work to make sure there isn't some other underlying problem and then decide where to go from there.

Comments (19)