SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momof2doxies_gw

Lucy's First Birthday!!!

momof2doxies
15 years ago

Hi everyone. I haven't been around much lately but wanted to share with all of you Lucy's first birthday. I also wanted to thank every one again for all of the support during the past couple of years.

I have definitely had my hands full with Lucy and Ethel. They were supposedly house trained when they joined our family a few months ago, but of course they weren't. That is well under control now. They were big time barkers also. No one could even drive by our house without them going into barking fits. After working with them that is now under control as well.

They both have brought a lot of joy and laughter to our lives again. Of course they are both big time lap dogs. Lucy isn't a cuddlier, but Ethel sure is. Ethel is 16 months now. The only ongoing problem we are having is that they are both so timid. At first they would go crazy with barking when someone would come into our home. They would never go up to them if they were offered a treat even. Now they don't bark, but they still won't even take a treat from anyone other that DH and I. We are continuing working with them and getting them out around people more to socialize them. It is an ongoing process. All in all, they are turning out to be really great dogs.

Linda (formerly Bessiedawg)

Double Decker Doxies

Lucy is on top. Ethel is on bottom.

Comments (4)