SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
delaloi

Help -- Low water pressure in total house renovation

delaloi
16 years ago

We have just finished a house renovation, including entirely new plumbing and baths. I am not at all happy with the water pressure, in particular in the master bath.

Pressure from the municipal water main is an excellent 80 PSI at the point of entry. A garden hose attached to a tap at that point will spray a steady stream at least 20 feet with no attachment on the end.

The main shower is configured with a large Grohe rain head and a Grohe handheld. Both have very poor pressure. I know the rainhead is not going to come hammering out, but even the handheld is very weak (when held vertically, water comes out horizontally maybe 4 inches before dropping to the floor). Pressure at the bathtub handheld shower head in the same room is the same.

Water pressure elsewhere in the house is acceptable but not great. A shower on the third floor has better pressure than the master bath, which is on the second floor (but the head is smaller).

All plumbing in the house is new, but I cannot say for sure that it has all been done properly.

I have done some research here and begin to understand that my problem may be one of flow rather than pressure. How do I go about diagnosing the problem and coming up with a solution? I hate weak showers and will do whatever is needed to get this fixed.

Many thanks!

Comments (2)