SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katmu_gw

Help with adjusting layout of this kitchen & laundry plan

katmu
10 years ago

Hello kitchen forum-

I have another thread on this plan on the building a home forum but I thought I would post here asking for help with the kitchen and laundry room, as these are the rooms I most want to change. I am a soon-to-be empty nester so the vast majority of the time it is going to be just me. I'm not a gourmet cook, but I do like to cook and typically host both Thanksgiving and Christmas plus family dinners with my sons. For appliances, I want a french door refrigerator (around 22SF), 30" gas range with range hood, dishwasher, and microwave.

Here is what I would like to change about the kitchen and laundry area from how they are currently arranged.:

1) I feel that the refrigerator and range are too close together. I was thinking that given the size of the kitchen, a peninsula layout might be better?

2) I would convert the folding counter in the mudroom into a locker/bench type cabinet. Another member had suggested on the other thread maybe moving the door into the kitchen to get more space there, and going with a smaller coat closet.

3) Pantry - I would really like to have a pantry closet and preferably a walk-in. I need to build a three-car garage (development requirement) so if I need to I could bump out the laundry room either forward into the garage or on the exterior wall.

Thank you in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: House Plan

Comments (5)