SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Living Room In Progress (lots of pics)

charlikin
13 years ago

Hi gang. Started redecorating my living room about a year and a half ago, and it's proceeded in fits and starts (and stops) due to various non-decorating-related problems that have come up. But I'm trying to get it moving forward again, and I would appreciate some advice from all you wonderfully non-color-challenged people!!!

Basically, I'm in an apartment with a long L-shaped living room. The L is supposed to be the dinette, but I use it as an office, and I have the dining table and chairs at the end of the living room, which also opens up into the foyer area where I have some bookshelves.

I was going for neutral walls and carpet with colorful furnishings. (Had trouble with those neutral walls, but Amysrq here on the forum came to my rescue!!! You rock, girl!) So far, I've got a dark brown sofa with colorful pillows, an orangey-red metal end table, a blue-green lamp, and a light green chair that didn't go with the rest of it until I got these great pictures over the media console.

I'm replacing the old wood-grained-formica-topped kitchen table with the Halo table from Crate & Barrel (see below). And I'm trying to figure out if these dining chairs from World Market would work in the room... or if it would be TOO green, WRONG green, bad idea, stick with brown... you know the drill. Esp. right next to the red end table. And especially since I haven't seen the chairs in person - I don't live anywhere near a World Market, and I would be ordering the chairs based on the picture on the internet.

I was going to play it safe and get dark brown hard-leather chairs from Room & Board (their version is cheaper than C&B). My current dark brown chairs look okay. But with a glass-top table - something which itself I never thought I would get! - well, I was hoping to have a prettier chair to show through the glass.

Oh, and also ordered this picture to go over the sofa. Also from C&B. When I saw it in the store, I had to sit on a sofa opposite it and just stare at it for 15 minutes. (Okay, I'm ending up with a lot of C&B in this room - but I always like the way they put things together!)

Btw, curtain-wise, I've purchased the Supreme curtains from JC Penney in "silver sage" - they're laying on the chair by the window. Slightly bluer green than the chair, but with the blueish lamp and the blueish green in the pictures over the media console, I think it can work... ? Hope so. I've mocked up a lot of pictures of the room with these (and other) curtains, and it's hard finding colors that work with the rest of what's going on in there!

Appreciate all opinions, yea and nay!!! Thanks in advance!

Oh - and if anyone's actually seen these chairs in person and can describe the color and the texture of the fabric - well, that would be awesome. Thanks again!

Living Room (so far)

Colors are off - chair is light "spring green", and end table is a duller orangish-red

Just got these pictures :-)

View out of living room into foyer

Picture to go over sofa

New dining table on its way!
Will these chairs work with other greens?

Comments (4)