SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetchastity

Power-struggle between me and Dustin

sweetchastity
13 years ago

My cat Dustin seems to be trying to push my buttons. Its almost always in the morning (5 am >I wonder if his behaviour is a result of the new puppies? Mom says I don't give the cats as much attention as I did before but I don't think that is the case. If I pass by either cat I always stop and scratch/nossle/kiss/hug/pet/etc them. Dustin more because he tends to sleep near me where Muffin will sneak off into the basement (she's never slept with me). Our Chihuahua/Terrier cross just loves Dustin and lays down next to Dustin while he grooms her. She does sleep at night with Dustin and I but I've also napped with both dogs and Dustin and he's fine with it.

Anyone experience anything like this or have advice I can use? If I give him more attention during the day will he be better behaved? I also want to put them both on a 2x/day feeding schedule. I feed them 4x/day now because Muffin only eats a little bit at a time then Dustin eats whatevers left over so I only give them small portions. Muffin was eating 1x/day til she was 6 months old so I know she'll adapt but its Dustin I'm concerned about.

Comments (5)