SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilly316

cat in the carriage house

Lily316
16 years ago

Maddie, my problem cat, has been in my carriage house for many weeks. If you recall, I had both a pooping and peeing problem and I put all cats except two in the basement and let them up one by one after 24 hours to see who the culprit was. It was the last one, Maddie, who I suspected who was doing it all appparently for years. Took her and her litter box and wet and dry food and water out there. It's a great space with soft fluffy blankets all around for her. She was vet checked and he said it was behavioral as she checked out. I thought maybe she was bullied but that was not the problem. Out there she would poop 4 inches from her box. Then she peed under the car and then on a rug. We threw the rug away and she peed where it was was. She took to sitting on empty Tidy Cat plastic tubs out there..always despite the beds. So I put a fluffy towel on top of the Tidy Cat thing and she peed on it and moved over to the next one.(We keep squirrel corn in them). I put a heater out there a week ago and today , since it is getting colder, brought her in the house. She had come in once about a month ago and promptly peed so back out she went. Tonight I took her to the basement where the 6 boxes are..(there's one upstairs too) and she went to one and peed as I watched and then to the other which was "hers" and pooped. I praised her and she went back upstairs. The other cats could care less about her and she with them. She's laying on the kitchen island as she always did. But an hour ago, I saw a wet spot on the rug where she always "went" before. So tomorrow she'll go the furnace room. It's the only place I can isolate her other than the carriage house and it's warm. It's no kind of life for her but then cleaning up after her and having a smelly house is no kind of life for me. My other 6 cats NEVER eliminate improperly. I know you people have offered suggestions and I thank you but I don't know what else to do. I tried Clomicalm.

Comments (19)