SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Kitchen layout in carriage house studio apt

This is the studio apartment over the 2 car carriage house at our new mountain cabin. We have the option of doing short term rentals. People come to the area for fall leaf season, fly fishing, hiking and apple festivals. The plan is for a queen bed and possibly a sleeper sofa. My grown kids will probably use it as a hang out when they come home for the holidays. The current kitchen isn't very attractive plus I'm not in love with the layout. They put in a bar peninsula thing with a cooktop. I'd rather do a small range and just have a nice table for dining. I'm thinking renters would use it as a game table. I'm keeping the 18" dishwasher as it is almost new, we also inherited a nice stainless french door fridge that I will move up there. Here is a pic of the current kitchen, note the pitched roof coming down which restricts me from putting uppers on the left side of the kitchen. The fridge fits just to the side of the angled ceiling.

Here is a view of the rest of the room. Not our furniture.

Here is the overall layout I'm hoping to do.

There is a water line already where the fridge is so I'm trying to keep the fridge and sink about where they are, I've moved the dishwasher to the other side of the sink away from the range. I have a small plate rack I'm hoping to hang over the sink.

If possible I hope to put a full height cabinet to the left of the fridge but I need to check the roofline.

Thoughts?

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor